Company History

E.C. Phillips and Son, Inc. was originally established in 1926 by Edward Phillips. In those days, the backbone of the business consisted of packing troll-caught salmon in "tierces" (barrels made of fir tree wood) which served as shipping containers for mild-cured salted salmon on the way to smokers on the East Coast and Europe. Shortly after WWII, Cliff Phillips joined his parents in the business. They built their new plant along the Ketchikan waterfront in 1950.